Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Feeding the Fish

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Fun with Fish
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Well, I'm way behind on posts so I'm trying to do a quick catch up. I've been out of the classroom a lot over the last 3 weeks which has meant tons of sub plans and school work in the evenings.

Erin ended up with the flu the first three days of my full week of break...ugh! She was a trooper. We had lots of snuggle time while Emily was at school. We went to the public market with Hinty on Thursday...just a quick trip to test out if Erin was really feeling better. On Friday, Mom came with us to Sephora (her first experience). Erin and I also rode the carousel. We had a nice lunch then headed to Powder Mill Park to feed the trout. We discovered the hatchery about 4 years ago with Emily. It's a great place to go when you just want to get out of the house for a little while. Erin was very eager to feed the fish but was taken by surprise when they splashed her while jumping for the food! She ended up loving it, laughing each time she threw the food in and they splashed (especially when they got me!).

We went to the canal in Pittsford to feed the ducks. I knew the water wasn't in the canal yet but I was hoping for some hungry ducks. No such luck. The few ducks that were there didn't swim over to us so we ended up feeding the seagulls and carp.

We always love a trip to the bookstore with Grandma so we stopped at Borders. Erin LOVES looking at the books. She's so cute...she doesn't know where to look next...there's so much to see.

So, even with the flu, we still ended up with a couple fun days.

No comments: