Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day

We had a wonderful Mother's Day. We went to brunch with Mom, Dad, and Aunt Sharon. Then, it was back to our house for some coffee and dessert (yummy cookies and cannolis from Martusciello's). It was a fun, relaxing day. Dave and the girls gave me gift cards for a pampering day so I'll be relaxing again soon :). Hey Moll, one was for Sephora~hint, hint! Our first summer trip?

On Friday, Emily's school held a Mother's Day tea. It was a breakfast tea so I took the morning off. It was very cute. The kids sang a special song which I included in the Smilebox. They also made us placemats and tissue paper flowers, wrote about us, gave us a teabag in a paper teacup, and planted marigolds. They made everything themselves. It was such a special time to share with Emily! Emily wrote about so many things she loves~hugs and kisses, reading to her, helping her with homework~but kids always come up with one that makes you laugh or say "huh?" Emily's was "I love when she gets me supplies." I didn't realize replenishing pencils, glue sticks, and erasers could be so exciting! Ah, the world of a 1st grader!

Hope all of you moms had a great day too!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Mother's Day 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

Julie L. said...

love your new blog look! and, wow...such a great Mother's Day you had, too! The song is precious...cool idea to put it on smilebox. I have to try and upload video some more!

Aren't those homemade mother's day gifts and little poems the best!?

Life with my BOYS! said...

Oh, what a fun video!!! It sounds like your Mother's day was such fun and relaxing! I am up for our first summer trip!

Enjoy, hugs to the girls!