
I love going to the St. Patrick's Day Parade. It always makes me feel like Spring is just around the corner. On Saturday, we packed lunches and headed downtown. We are lucky to be able to park at Channel 10 (and use the bathroom there!) so we don't have to hassle with the crowds...other than 25 minutes in Spot for my coffee:). And, when the girls have reached their limit, we can sneak out the back gate. The girls had fun getting beads, candy, and watching the Irish dancers. Erin thought the dogs in the parade were hysterical. She got so excited, laughing like crazy. She also loved dancing to the music. I took some video of that...very cute! (The Smilebox cuts off her head a little but whenever I try to download the video directly to Blogger it doesn't work.)
On the way home, I kept picking the wrong routes to take downtown (lots of traffic).
Mommy: Boy, Mommy's not picking the right way at all today.
Emily: You don't have to be right Mommy, as long as you try.
Mommy: You are absolutely right Emily!
Love it!!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox greeting |
I also included a picture of the smiley face pancakes Emily and I made this morning. My mom used to make these for Thom and me. I have made pancakes for Emily before but she was so little she didn't remember. Last week, I had the sudden thought that I needed to make pancakes with my girls. Erin was still asleep so Emily helped me. We made Dave stay upstairs to surprise him. It was funny though...I had whispered to Emily upstairs that we would make pancakes. When we got to the kitchen, she took the frozen pancakes out of the freezer. She didn't realize I meant we were actually going to MAKE them! We had fun. Emily was very proud of our surprise.




1 comment:
Looks like the parade was lots of fun! I always want to head in--the weather was perfect--but Rob then would have to go right inside to work! :)
Love the photos and video of the girls!
The pancakes are adorable too--a really nice tradition to carry on...
Post a Comment