![]() |
| Make a Smilebox photobook |
My 20 year class reunion was a few weeks ago. It was such a great weekend. Friday night we had a get together with our families at the playground behind school. It was so great to see everyone's kids. It is hard to believe most of us are parents now.
Saturday morning we rode on a float in the Oatka Festival parade. Funny story: Dave was wondering about decorating the float. My response was "It's LeRoy. It's probably just a flatbed with hay bales and signs on each side that say Class of 1989." When I told our class president that Friday night, she started laughing and said that was exactly what it was and that the signs she spraypainted that afternoon were drying in her garage! Riding on the float was a blast. It was so fun seeing everyone. I loved hearing the "There's Mrs. Overacker!" from all my students. I joked that we should do it every year. My longtime friend Mike was the highlight of the parade. He hasn't been in town for such a "public" event in, well, 20 years. I was given the task of pointing out parade spectators to him along the way. Everytime either he or I spotted someone, his response started with "It's [firstname] frickin' [lastname]." His excitement provided for lots of fun amusement.
Mike and I were "dates" for the dinner that night. First, we crashed our mothers' 45 year reunion as we had done 20 years ago as seniors in high school. Many people remembered that event and we had a reputation to uphold! We headed to our dinner and had a great time. Our class prez, Amy, did an awesome job organizing the evening. It was wonderful to have most of the old gang together again-Jen, Sherry, Cheryl, Kim P., and Ann. We missed Kim M. and Val! It was also amazing to catch up with so many other people I hadn't seen in 20 years. Although, Facebook has helped with "seeing" many of them much more! We had fun dancing to tunes from the old days. We left to continue the party at some LeRoy haunts. Jen, Mike, and I ended up at the Eagle to see Exit 47 (a bunch of local alum) perform. We had an awesome time. Jen and I were jamming together and it felt like old times.
Can't wait for our 25th!




No comments:
Post a Comment